Step It Up! Online Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Places to Walk

3 posters

Go down

Great Places to Walk Empty Great Places to Walk

Post  Admin Fri May 08, 2009 1:55 pm

This is a place where you can share your suggestions for walking trails/locations with others.

Be sure to check out the Frederick County Health Department's Walking Trail's page!

Last edited by Admin on Wed May 13, 2009 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://stepitup.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Great Places to Walk Empty C & O Canal

Post  Marylou Stone Tue May 12, 2009 12:19 pm

One of my favorite places to walk is the C & O Canal. Early morning is best for wildlife and birds. It is an easy walk for the whole family and one can walk for miles and not worry about traffic other than hikers, bikers and in some sections those on horseback who are on the canal towpath. Marylou

Marylou Stone

Back to top Go down

Great Places to Walk Empty Gambrill State Park

Post  BarbaraWagner Tue May 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Right off of 40 has a lot of great trails that range from easy to difficult.

I also like Ballenger Creek Park and Baker Park. Baker Park is approximately 3 miles start at library and follow the path that will lead you back to the library. It's a loop.

I live about in Point of Rocks and we are about a mile from the Canal. It can get awfully gnatty and buggy at times. The best time to go is in the AM.

BarbaraWagner

Back to top Go down

Great Places to Walk Empty walking buddy who lives close to Monteveau and Willowdale

Post  aida.roq Tue May 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi,I dont know what part in Fredeick I live but I live close to Montaveau and Willowdale. I need a buddy to walk along with me. I have back problem and kinda slow in walking. Sad

aida.roq

Back to top Go down

Great Places to Walk Empty Re: Great Places to Walk

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down